***

"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours."
--Richard Bach


* * *

October 3, 2011

Late-Night Ramblings

I love when I see things that my kids do that remind me of myself. Last night, I was singing Simon his song (yes, he still lets me sing to him at night and hopefully that doesn't change anytime soon) and when I was done, he wanted to chat. He does this almost every night. He wants to talk, like he never got a chance to tell me these things during the day. I would say that he's just stalling. . .but I do the same thing. Ask Ben. He'll tell you. Anytime we go to bed a little later than planned, I'm always itchin' to talk about stuff. Ben's ready for bed. . .and I'm not. :) He'll say "Why do you always want to chat at 11:30 at night?" The answer is. . .
I don't know. Maybe it's because that's when my mind can actually think because there's nobody pulling on my leg or asking me for something?
I'm sure Simon gets it from me. . .and I love it.
I'm glad that he wants to talk. I don't even care what it's about. Right now it's mostly about anything Pokemon. When he gets older, I hope that he remembers that I've always had a listening ear. When the things that are important to him change from Pokemon to girls and from soccer to his challenges.
I want him to know he can always talk to me and I'll listen.

No comments: