***

"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours."
--Richard Bach


* * *

July 2, 2010

Hullabaloo

What is it about Nascar racing that people get so excited over? It's just a bunch of cars going around and around and around and around. They just keep making left hand turns. I don't understand the excitement. Ben was sort of watching it on and off tonight. He lovingly left me feeding Malia in front of the TV with no remote, watching Nascar while he put the kids in bed. (Isn't he a nice boy to put the kids in bed?!) Holy Hannah was that not the worst 10 minutes of my TV watching history?!? And yet, the announcers were loving every second of it. Saying "This is hold your breath racing!" or, "There is so much excitement going on in the front!" or, "You can feel the intensity here!" and when they showed the crowd everyone was cheering, jumping up and down and having a
grand ole time. . .seriously? I don't see it.

Nascar is huge here in NC. They have a Nascar speed park in Concord Mills. And they just opened the Nascar Hall of Fame in Charlotte. These are two places that I don't see myself visiting anytime soon. :)

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, and I obviously don't share the enthusiasm. . .but, whatever floats your boat I guess.

No comments: