***

"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours."
--Richard Bach


* * *

June 28, 2010

A Good Thing

Just so you understand. . .Ben and I haven't been away from each other for more than two nights since he got home from his mission. I didn't exactly have that in mind when I had the brilliant idea of going to Utah with the kids 17 days before him. I think, at the time, that I thought it would be easier than I now know it's going to be. (That was a confusing sentence) Right now, he is on a High adventure scout camp. He hasn't even been gone for one whole day and I miss him. He will be gone for three nights this time. . .which really isn't very long at all. How in the world am I going to be without seeing him for over two weeks?! I know my mom and his mom are thrilled that we will be visiting for so long and they will get to see their grandbabies. . .but it makes me sad to think about going without Ben. I wish he could come and be with us for the whole time instead of just the end of the vacation.

This may seem strange, but, thinking about being away from Ben, makes me think about how much I love him. . .and love being around him and talking to him. I've always loved him, but I think it gets so easy to love without thinking about why or how. Does that make sense? We've been married for a little more than eight years. . .loving him is just easy. I don't think about it all the time. . .I just do it. . .like blinking. I'm sad that he can't come with us. . .but I'm glad that this makes me think about how much I love him and how much I want to be with him forever. Even after eight years, I don't like the thought of being without each other. That's a good thing.

No comments: