***

"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours."
--Richard Bach


* * *

June 23, 2010

Let's suppose I could keep a journal. . .

I have never been very good at keeping a journal. Not ever. I only have little bits and pieces of my thoughts or goings on written down in random places. Certainly not in the same notebook. That being said, I'd like to try and be better. I feel like I should be doing better. Quite often I have found myself thinking. . . I should write down what I'm thinking right now. . .and of course, it rarely happens. I think having four kids doesn't help the situation. However, I do believe that I use them as an excuse way too often and too easily.

I am hoping that I will be better at writing down my thoughts on this blog. I'm not writing it for anyone but myself. It won't be a private blog. . .but it also won't be announced to the world. For all intents and purposes, it will be my journal. If anyone does happen to find this blog, I do love advice. I've said many times. . .I may not take it, so don't be offended if I don't. . . but I do like to hear other points of view.

I want to write posts frequently. I would say daily, but I know that won't happen. At least not for now. So, I will stick with frequently. If it's a short insignificant post, then so be it. Something is better than nothing, right?

The plan is to try and write every night. . .when it's quiet. When the kids are in bed and I can think. I don't ever get time in a day to just think. More often than not, it is when I am trying to go to sleep that my thoughts keep me awake. It's funny really. . .as I am writing about not being able to think,
I hear two screaming boys fighting over a box. Typical. :)

I believe that it is the spirit whispering to me, telling me to keep a journal. I'm not sure why. . .but this blog is my attempt at listening and obeying.

No comments: